We all have times where we find ourselves in a creative slump. I decided to try and do something about the one I recently found myself in. I challenged myself using the following guidelines.
- Use stamps from multiple stamp sets on one card.
- Choose a technique shared by the talented Jennifer McGuire.
- Make multiple cards at one time.
I decided to use the Sentiment Background technique from one of Jennifer's blog posts found here. It was fun and a little time consuming going through all my different stamp sets but in the end I was so happy with the way this turned out. When looking through my stamp sets I realized that I was not just looking at the newest sets in my collection but any set I thought would work for the graduation cards I was making. I ended up using stamps from 10 different stamp sets on my card.
With so many stamp companies coming out with new releases all the time I find myself feeling like I need to use the latest and greatest to make cards. I was so happy to use stamp sets that I hadn't picked up in quite awhile and even one stamp set that has been retired. This was a great experience and I am planning to challenge myself more often so that I can start building up my card stash and not be so last minute every time I seem to need a card LOL. I ended up making 13 cards as a result of this challenge and I'd call that a success.
Here's a few idea's of ways you can challenge yourself.
- One stamp set 5 ways - check out Suzy Plantamura's blog to see the way she does this.
- Using stamps from different companies to make one of a kind truly unique cards. You can check out Nicole Spohr's blog to see the way she does this often.
- Make an interactive card. Check out pinterest or you tube and search for interactive cards and you'll find something that is sure to inspire you.
If you have hit a creative road block try to challenge yourself and see what you can come up and then I'd sure love to hear about it.
Until Next Time